Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Q&A (Q-Man and Answers) #3: Of all your passions, which will you do until you are old and why?

 

#3

Question from Isma Swastiningrum: Of all your passions, which will you do until you are old and why?

Q-Man's answer:

If you are a loyal reader of my blog, you must know that I am deeply passionate about three things: English, dinosaurs, and Jay Chou. (the description on my Blogger profile also very clearly shows this) My life has revolved around this trio for ages and they account for a huge chunk of my existence on this planet: I teach (and learn) English for a living, I read lots of dinosaur books (both fiction and nonfiction), and I listen to (and sing) Jay Chou's songs all the time. These three are an extricable part of my life. I have loved English for about as long as I have been fascinated with dinosaurs. The two interests influence each other in a beautiful way: learning English enhances my knowledge and understanding of dinosaurs as many great dinosaurian learning materials are delivered in the language, while consuming them inevitably increases my English proficiency as I get exposed to more vocabulary and become more aware of the grammatical patterns and behavior of the language. As for Jay Chou, it is how I reach nirvana: his music so magically melodious that simply no words can describe its sheer beauty. I think I have no reason not to devote myself to all of them until my death.

Q&A (Q-Man and Answers) is a section where I answer questions from my readers. Feel free to send me any question through one of my social media channels. Note that you may choose to remain anonymous.

4 comments:

  1. Q: how to embrace continously sadness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo-hoo! Thank you for the question, Reza! Please wait for the answer! 😊

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Q-Man for the answer. Neck to neck, maybe I will say, that the most things my passion, they are art and scientific journals. If I can enjoy life through art, then I can write, read, and research, they have been enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, and thank you very much for the question, Isma! That is awesome! Art and science are an amazing blend indeed! Keep on doing what you love, Isma! 😊

      Delete