Saturday, May 18, 2024

Level Up – Book Review

Hardback version of Level Up by Rob Dial
Photo taken at Periplus Mall Kelapa Gading, Jakarta
Level Up: Get Focused, Stop Procrastinating and Upgrade Your Life
by Rob Dial

My life has been pretty good so far and I'm positive that I'm not the idlest or the least productive person in the world. Nevertheless, before deciding to masticate this book, I felt that I could be a better version of myself, realizing the full potential that the universe had bestowed upon this earthling. When there is room for improvement, it's time to act, isn't it? The next question is "Why this book?" I'm not usually a self-development-book–reader kind of guy, but, as far as I can remember, podcaster and coach Rob Dial has always hooked me on his intellectual charm ever since I found him (I think it was on Facebook). This explains why I've been propelled to diving into the mindset guru's writing for my personal growth and I'm glad I did.

If I had to describe Level Up: Get Focused, Stop Procrastinating and Upgrade Your Life by Rob Dial in a nutshell, it would be "cheat sheets for a better life". This book wonderfully presents the grand recipe for success in fewer than 250 pages, and the author deserves infinite plaudits for that (this is not an exaggeration). From Level Up, I have gained a massive number of insights into self-improvement: the way our fear robs us of our opportunities to grow (pun sort of intended), the pernicious nature of distraction (which has prompted me to turn off some social media notifications), how to establish discipline, and so on and so forth. Anything that is scientifically backed trumps those which aren't, and that's a huge part of why Level Up is outstandingly good. This book is laden with science and there is a chapter devoted to discussing neuroplasticity, which the author defines as "the brain's ability to form and reorganize synaptic connections, especially in response to learning or experience" (p. 196). Rob is an eloquent writer and it is a great pleasure to read his writing. You may find some of what he wrote somewhat repetitive, but I think it's fine because we often need to be reminded over and over when it comes to personal development. To end this paragraph, I'd like to say that Level Up is one of the most helpful books I've ever read in my life. Simply brilliant and fascinating read on the subject.

If you feel stuck in your life, are frustrated with your progress, or simply aiming to become a better person, Level Up is the right book for you. Grab it fast, level up, and achieve your goals!

Have you read Level Up? How did you find the book? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!

2 comments:

  1. This book appears to be quite intriguing, especially for someone like me who currently feels stuck in life...

    Btw btw Qman keren banget siiihh bahasa inggrisnya!! (Yaiyalaaah, minta ditoyor emang gw ni 🤣)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hugely recommend this book, Mit! I hope you find it useful! 😊✨

      Wkwkwk Thank you, Mittt~ Practice makes perfect wkwkwk 😄☺

      Delete