Friday, April 2, 2021

You're Roarsome – Book Review


You're Roarsome
Summersdale

It was serendipity that ultimately united me with this mini-book. I don't recall the details (although my dinosaurian passion must have been the trigger) but I am extremely glad that I ordered this from one of the most reliable bookstores on the planet: Book Depository. Now, what can this cute volume do to your life?

Let's be honest: we are fragile creatures. I reckon no-one in this world can say they are on cloud nine at all times, bearing no burden whatsoever. While it is true that we are physically built, we have psychology, an aspect that affects much of our own lives. I think it is natural for us to sometimes feel depressed or even down in the dumps. This is where You're Roarsome, published by Summersdale, comes into play.

You're Roarsome is a book chock-full of inspiring, motivating, and uplifting quotes AND dinosaur-related puns which are aimed to exert the same effect on its readers. This is a light book that you can read literally in a day (or an hour), but believe me, it is capable of making a profound impact on your life. The quotes are taken from various people, all of whom I believe are famous figures although I am familiar with only probably about 30% of them. The roster displays names such as Taylor Swift, Neil Gaiman, Hellen Keller, Theodore Roosevelt, Michelle Obama, and Bruce Lee. I found the quotes powerful and moving, boosting my self-confidence, brightening my mood, and encouraging me to be more of me and move forward. The wordplay is also deliciously witty and will surely raise beatific smiles for the readers. If you are in low spirits and need an injection of encouragement, I highly recommend reading You're Roarsome: it will make you believe in yourself more ('cause you are awesome!) and get you ready for what lies ahead in your life.

Note that it is best to treat this book as a self-development book rather than a science book. For example, it mistakenly categorizes a pterosaur as a dinosaur – Pterosauria and Dinosauria are two separate groups of animals. Other than improving its scientific accuracy, it would be wonderful to have numbered pages so that readers can easily find what they want.

Have you read You're Roarsome? What do you think of this book? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment