Saturday, May 2, 2020

Cotton Candy

I will never forget that particular summer day
Although the sun is baking hot, I can't help letting out a little smile at your chubby face
Your altogether unexpected greeting
Is the only thing that makes my day

A date with you on any date feels indescribably special
Each and every one is a pleasurable phantasmagoria
Holding each other's hands, we playfully enjoy slurping sticks of colorful cotton candy on a bright Sunday
To this day, the sweetness of your lips is still lingering on mine

Months flutter quickly, unnoticed
Our love has grown stronger than ever
I will never let anyone cure this addiction
For you are my ultimate medicine

I never thought the definition of "happiness" is so simple
As long as you are by my side
How could I be inflicted by soul-gnawing desolation?
I hope this romantic voyage will reach no end

The creation of this poem was inspired by Tian Tian De (甜甜的) by Jay Chou.

No comments:

Post a Comment